What We Do
Care and Wellness Consultants receive referrals from faculty, staff, students, and parents about students who are struggling with something that is having an impact on their academics and overall wellbeing. We assist with problem solving and help to connect students to resources that support their ability to succeed. We typically connect with an individual student, help them to identify their greatest areas of concern, refer them to resources, and follow-up with ongoing support.
What exactly is a Care and Wellness Consultant?
The Care and Wellness Consultant:
- Works with students to help identify and overcome barriers to success at the University of Notre Dame.
- Assists students in assessing obstacles and challenges which may be interfering with academic or social progress.
- Helps students get connected to campus and community resources that may provide additional support.
- Helps students navigate the complex University system to access needed services.
- Works with students to develop a "Care and Wellness Plan" to help him or her focus on success.
How can a Care and Wellness Consultant help me?
The top three reasons students seek assistance from a Care and Wellness Consultant are for well-being support, general support, and academic support. Other reasons include the following:
- You are experiencing overwhelming stress and or anxiety and are not sure where to get help.
- Life outside of your studies is becoming difficult.
- You have not been attending classes and have fallen behind.
- You have an ongoing health issue and need guidance on where to seek help.
- You are returning to campus after a difficult life circumstance and you are not sure how to transition back to school.
- You need help navigating University resources you might need.
- You are considering taking a withdrawal from the university and would like to discuss your options.